Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Warm up W

Yesterday I met this person. 
I am in NJROTC and I am commander of the color guard, thats a big role, im in charge of all the ceremonies that happen. 
Yesterday I was at the Board of Education doing the colors so they can say the pledge of allegiance for the american flag. 
I was standing there waiting for them to call on the colors, a retired Marine was sitting right next to the aisle where I was posted. He started talking to me and told me about the adventures he had in the Corps. He eventually asked me if I was ever planning on joining the military, his face lit up when I said I wanted to soon join him as a Marine, he isn't an Ex-Marine he said, once a Marine always a Marine. He then fist-bumped me and I then conducted the ceremony and as the color guard left, he was the only one to stand up and start clapping, he was later joined by other retired Marines sitting next to him, which influenced the rest of the crowd to join in, it was very powerful and moving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment